離線Why

發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2013-02-11

Pope Benedict XVI in shock resignation
11 February 2013 Last updated at 13:04 GMT

Pope Benedict XVI is to resign at the end of this month after nearly eight years as the head of the Catholic Church, saying he is too old to continue at the age of 85.

The unexpected development - the first papal resignation in nearly 600 years - surprised governments, Vatican-watchers and even his closest aides.

The then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope after John Paul II's death.

The Vatican says it expects a new Pope to be elected before Easter.

The BBC's Alan Johnston in Rome says the news has come "out of the blue", and that there was no speculation whatsoever about the move in recent days.

Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti is quoted as saying he was "greatly shaken by this unexpected news".

A Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said that even the Pope's closest aides did not know what he was planning to do and were left "incredulous". He added that the decision showed "great courage" and "determination".

The brother of the German-born Pope said the pontiff had been advised by his doctor not to take any more transatlantic trips and had been considering stepping down for months.

Talking from his home in Regensburg in Germany, Georg Ratzinger said his brother was having increasing difficulty walking and that his resignation was part of a "natural process".

He added: "His age is weighing on him. At this age my brother wants more rest."

'Incapacity'
At 78, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was one of the oldest new popes in history when elected.

He took the helm as one of the fiercest storms the Catholic Church has faced in decades - the scandal of child sex abuse by priests - was breaking.

In a statement, the pontiff said: "After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry.

"I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering.

"However, in today's world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to steer the boat of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfil the ministry entrusted to me.

"For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is."

A German government spokesman said he was "moved and touched" by the surprise resignation of the pontiff.

"The German government has the highest respect for the Holy Father, for what he has done, for his contributions over the course of his life to the Catholic Church.

"He has left a very personal signature as a thinker at the head of the Church, and also as a shepherd."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

本篤十六世28日離職教宗職位懸空一段時間
11.02.2013 19:40

教宗本篤十六世突然提出呈辭,將在今個月二十八日離職,成為近六百年來首位辭職的教宗;八十五歲的本篤十六世是在早上的樞機主教會議提出辭職,他發表聲明表示,由於年邁關係,近月精力日益衰退,對執行職務已力有不逮,強調辭職是出於自由意願,亦清楚辭職帶來的嚴重後果,他形容有關決定對教廷十分重要。

教廷發言人表示,本篤十六世將於本港時間下月一日凌晨三時離職,教宗空缺將懸空一段時間,教廷下月底前將選出新繼任人選。教宗職位屬終身制,對上一任辭職的教宗,要追溯至一四一五年的格列高利十二世,當年是由於教廷出現分裂。本篤十六世本名拉辛格,原是德國樞機主教,零五年獲推選做教宗,接替病逝的若望保祿二世。

http://www.881903.com/Page/ZH-TW/newsdetail.aspx?ItemId=597556&csid=261_367

教宗本篤十六世28日離職稱執行職務力有不逮
11.02.2013 19:24

教宗本篤十六世突然提出呈辭,將在今個月二十八日離職,成為近六百年來首位辭職的教宗;八十五歲的本篤十六世是在早上的樞機主教會議提出辭職,他發表聲明表示,由於年邁關係,精力衰退,對執行職務已力有不逮,強調辭職是出於自由意願,亦清楚辭職的帶來嚴重後果。

http://www.881903.com/Page/ZH-TW/newsdetail.aspx?ItemId=597573&csid=261_367

雖然唔係教徒, 但見到段新聞都覺得幾突然下
[ 此帖被Why在2013-02-11 21:49重新編輯 ]
離線fong711
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 1  發表于: 2013-02-11
600年來第一人
離線國球旗
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 2  發表于: 2013-02-12
教宗本篤十六世突然宣佈辭職,舉世震驚,教宗多在任至身死,他辭職是在天主教現代歷史中前所未有的,但回顧歷任教宗,過去也曾有幾位教宗在任內辭職。

•1045 年:時任教宗本篤九世(Benedict IX)決定辭職,將教宗之位賣給他的教父格雷希恩(John Gratian),好讓自己能與心儀女子結婚,但最後因無法成事,本篤九世強行重奪教宗之職。

•1046 年:格雷希恩從本篤九世手上買了教宗職位,成為額我略六世(Gregory VI),其後因被揭發用錢買位,加上本篤九世回來奪位,他被迫辭職。

•1294 年:時任教宗聖雷定五世(Celestine V)在位短短五個月,因太無能被迫辭職。他同時頒佈教令,表明教宗可辭職,正式確立教宗辭職機制,他辭職後過着隱士生活。

•1415 年,時任教宗額我略十二世(Gregory XII)為挽救天主教教會的分裂局面,決定辭職退位,促成教會團結起來。

英國《衞報》/法新社
離線國球旗
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 3  發表于: 2013-02-12
梵蒂崗承認

教宗裝了心臟起搏器

梵蒂岡發言人周二承認,剛宣佈辭職的教宗本篤16世,數年前已安裝心臟起搏器,數月前曾做手術為起搏器更換電池。

教宗的哥哥喬治.拉青格(Geore Ratzinger)較早前披露,教宗近日步行日益困難,故醫生曾勸他不要再越洋訪問。