We have an important announcement!
We have decided to move our network to a new datacenter in order to introduce a new service in 2016. The new datacenter will deliver faster access to HK network and fix a multiple problems that we are experiencing today. The move will affect all customers' whom server's IP is in the range of 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124. And we will deliver a move schedule to each customer before 15th April. GEEKS will help assist in changing server IP address and possibly domain name DNS information if it is managed by GEEKS.
During the move, there will be an avoidable downtime and you may not be able to access the web, receive email and any services that you have. We will try to keep the downtime as short as possible by processing this transition at evening time to midnight. We target the service will resume before 9am the next day. Some user may experience longer time, we advice you to restart your computer or router in order to retrieve the new IP address from your domain name.
1) You will be contacted on 15th April 2016 on your server transition date and time
2) You will be asked to provide us your server login details and domain name control panel if have any
3) We will try to backup your data to our backup server but this is no guaranteed. So please also backup yourself as this should be done periodically
4) We will modify your DNS and IP refresh rate (TTL) from 60 minutes into 10 minutes to enable your ISP (internet provider) to realised you have changed new IP address
5) On the date of moving, we will inform you that your server will shutdown in 1 hour.
6) During the transition, we will protect the server from temperature change (Cold > Hot > Cold).
7) The server will be delivered by GEEKS' own vehicle in order to keep your data safe in GEEKS' hand.
8) Server will be setup in the new datacenter with new IP address
9) You will be informed if your server has success online or not.
Target transition time
Date: 26th April to 6th May 2016
Time: 10PM to 5AM
Contact: A direct contact will be provided during your server transition
GEEKS support center (here) will remain open 24/7 and will not be affected by this transition.