發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2019-05-13
Chris Hughton sacked by Brighton after four-and-a-half years as manager
By Joe Shread
Last Updated: 13/05/19 9:47am

Chris Hughton has been sacked by Brighton after four-and-a-half years as the club's manager.

The 60-year-old led the Seagulls to Premier League survival this season, but they stayed up by just two points after winning only 11 points in 18 games in 2019.

Hughton's assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin have also left the club.

Brighton chairman Tony Bloom said: "Chris has done an excellent job, first stabilising our club - reaching the play-offs in his first full season - securing our first ever promotion to the Premier League, and retaining our status in two successive seasons.

"Undoubtedly this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season.

"Our run of three wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it's the right time for a change.

"Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club's finest and most respected managers.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11718928/chris-hughton-sacked-by-brighton
[ 此帖被wayne_07在2019-05-13 17:33重新編輯 ]
離線wayne_07
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 1  發表于: 2019-05-13
Club News
CLUB STATEMENT: CHRIS HUGHTON

Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed that Chris Hughton has left the club with immediate effect. Hughton’s assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin have also left.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, “Chris has done an excellent job over the past four and a half years. First stabilising our club, reaching the play-offs in his first full season, securing our first ever promotion to the Premier League, and retaining our status in two successive seasons.

“Undoubtedly, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season.

“Our run of 3 wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it’s the right time for a change.

“Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club’s finest and most-respected managers.  

“I would like to wish Chris, Paul and Paul – who have all worked extremely hard throughout their time here – every success for the future, and thank them on behalf of everyone at the club.

“They will always be welcome at the Amex, and will be remembered here with great affection.”

The club have confirmed that the process to find Chris’s successor is underway, and that there will be no further comment at this stage.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/may/club-statement-chris-hughton/
離線wayne_07
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 2  發表于: 2019-05-13
Chris Hughton: Brighton sack manager after 17th-placed finish in Premier League

Brighton have sacked manager Chris Hughton after the Seagulls finished 17th in the Premier League.

They won just three of their last 23 league games and none of their final nine.

Chairman Tony Bloom said that run "put our status at significant risk".

Hughton, who joined Albion in December 2014, led the club to the Premier League for the first time in 2017, and they finished 15th in their first season back in the top flight.

The 60-year-old, who was contracted until 2021, also took the club to the FA Cup semi-final this season, where they lost 1-0 to Manchester City.

Bloom said: "Our run of three wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it's the right time for a change.

"Undoubtedly, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season."

Hughton won 40.93% of his 215 games in charge and was named the Premier League's manager of the month in March 2018.

He is the seventh Premier League manager to be sacked this season.

Bloom praised Hughton for an "excellent job" in stabilising the club, achieving promotion and retaining their Premier League status.

"Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club's finest and most respected managers," he added.

It is the third time the former Republic of Ireland defender has been sacked - he was dismissed by Newcastle in 2010 and Norwich in 2014.

Brighton achieved Premier League safety with one game remaining when Cardiff, who finished two points behind them in 18th, were relegated on 4 May.

The Seagulls lost 4-1 at home to Manchester City on Sunday, as Pep Guardiola's side retained the Premier League title.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48251716
離線wayne_07
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 3  發表于: 2019-05-13
Brighton sack Hughton after narrow escape from Premier League relegation
James Westwood

The 60-year-old has left the Amex after five seasons at the helm, having only just managed to consolidate a top flight position
Brighton have sacked manager Chris Hughton following a final day defeat to Manchester City.

The Irish coach managed to guide the Seagulls to Premier League safety once again, but the club has decided to make a change after a disappointing overall campaign.

Brighton ended their season with a 4-1 defeat at home to champions Man City, with Hughton's departure has been confirmed on Monday morning .

Assistant manager Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin have also left the Amex Stadium, with a summer of major change at the club now afoot.

Brighton released an official statement from chairman Tony Bloom on their website, which reads : "Chris has done an excellent job over the past four and a half years. First stabilising our club, reaching the play-offs in his first full season, securing our first ever promotion to the Premier League, and retaining our status in two successive seasons.

“Undoubtedly, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make as chairman of Brighton & Hove Albion, but ultimately one I have made due to how we struggled in the second half of the season.

“Our run of three wins from 23 Premier League matches put our status at significant risk. It is with that in mind, and the performances during that period, that I now feel it’s the right time for a change.

“Chris will always be very fondly remembered by Albion staff and fans as one of our club’s finest and most-respected managers.  

“I would like to wish Chris, Paul and Paul – who have all worked extremely hard throughout their time here – every success for the future, and thank them on behalf of everyone at the club.

“They will always be welcome at the Amex, and will be remembered here with great affection.”

Brighton's search for Hughton's successor is already underway and the club has declined to add any further comment.

The veteran head coach led the Seagulls to automatic promotion from the Championship in 2017 and guided the club to 15th in the Premier League the following year.

Despite a promising first half of the 2018-19 campaign, Brighton only won two league matches in 2019, slipping into a basement battle with Cardiff City.

Hughton's side finished 17th in the final standings, two points ahead of the Bluebirds, but four worse off than the previous season.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/brighton-sack-hughton-after-narrow-escape-from-premier/1xd3d10os3he21c9pws2xm0q0l
離線wayne_07
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 4  發表于: 2019-05-13
護級都唔夠 侯頓遭白禮頓炒魷
14分鐘前

【Now Sports-體育】雖然率領白禮頓護級成功,然而侯頓還是改變不了被辭退的命運。

白禮頓於周一宣佈解除主帥侯頓(Chris Hughton)的職務,球會主席布姆說:「基斯幹得很好,毫無疑這是我作為白禮頓主席,所作過其中一個最艱難的決定,但我最終都要如此做,這是由於球會於下半季掙扎。」

「己隊在23場聯賽只贏3場,令我們處於險地,正是期間的演出,令我感到是時候作出改變。」60歲的侯頓結束在球會4年半的工作,他的副領隊杜洛普及助教保羅尼雲同樣離任。

白禮頓最終以36分完成聯賽,排倒數第4,比排尾3需要降班的卡迪夫城多兩分。

https://sports.now.com/home/news/details?id=25528615711
離線freezefox
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 5  發表于: 2019-05-13
護到級反而要炒?

YFF 已死!!這是 Fantrax 的新時代!!
離線wayne_07
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 6  發表于: 2019-05-13
回 freezefox 的帖子
freezefox:護到級反而要炒?[表情]  (2019-05-13 17:49) 

近9場冇贏過波

第27-35輪比賽0入波
離線posouth
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 7  發表于: 2019-05-13
回 wayne_07 的帖子
wayne_07:近9場冇贏過波
第27-35輪比賽0入波 (2019-05-13 17:59) 

佢地最後36分都護到級, 好好彩, Cardiff唔係球證裁判一面倒不利佢地的話, Brighton應該同Huddersfield一齊升一齊跌番落去.
Miss you James and Bobby! Thank you for the years of great memories!!
離線posouth
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 8  發表于: 2019-05-13
都有少少唔好運的因素, 主力傷患多, 上年好fit的Gross傷, 新買的Jahan, Andone等又傷. 唔係靠Duffy+Dunk入番幾球, 佢地的入球數字會更唔見得人.

By the way, 睇唔出Chris Hughton有60歲, keep得好好!!
Miss you James and Bobby! Thank you for the years of great memories!!
離線英俊
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 9  發表于: 2019-05-14
回 posouth 的帖子
posouth:
都有少少唔好運的因素, 主力傷患多, 上年好fit的Gross傷, 新買的Jahan, Andone等又傷. 唔係靠Duffy+Dunk入番幾球, 佢地的入球數字會更唔見得人.
By the way, 睇唔出Chris Hughton有60歲, keep得好好!! [表情]  

明明洗左唔少錢買人,攻力差到得人驚
離線fong711
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 10  發表于: 2019-05-14
回 英俊 的帖子
英俊:明明洗左唔少錢買人,攻力差到得人驚[表情] (2019-05-14 08:58) 

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 0入球
離線freezefox
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 11  發表于: 2019-05-14
回 wayne_07 的帖子
wayne_07:近9場冇贏過波
第27-35輪比賽0入波 (2019-05-13 17:59) 

白禮頓⋯⋯⋯

差唔多啦。