上一主題 下一主題

發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2010-05-08
Redknapp: Cole and Carrick are not on my radar

By Soccernet staff

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has poured cold water over any potential moves for Joe Cole or Michael Carrick.

Spurs qualified for the Champions League play-offs after a dramatic 1-0 win over fourth place rivals Manchester City on Wednesday, but Redknapp has distanced himself with any transfer talk.

"I have never discussed Joe with anybody," said Redknapp. "I signed Joe as an 11-year-old and I know him better than anybody. He's a fantastic player but he belongs to Chelsea and there's every chance he'll want to stay at Chelsea.

"Michael [Carrick] is also a top player. I signed him when he was 12. I know all about him as well. Will he want to leave Man United? I wouldn't have thought so."

Spurs still have an outside chance of clinching third place ahead of north London rivals Arsenal, and in doing so, would advance directly to the group phase of the Champions League. For this to happen, Spurs would have to win at Burnley on Sunday and hope an under-strength Fulham can defeat Arsenal at the Emirates stadium.

But Redknapp concedes that it would take a "miracle" for that to happen. He said: "We'll go into the last game and give it our best shot but it's very, very difficult.''

If the odds are not already long enough, Fulham are also likely to rest key players ahead of their Europa League final against Atletico Madrid in Hamburg on Wednesday. He said: "It will be difficult for Fulham to get a result at Arsenal. Roy's got a Europa League cup final on Wednesday to consider and he's got to do what he feels is right for his club.

"We're pleased to be where we are - if a miracle happens and we can win at Burnley and Fulham pull off a win at Arsenal, that would be even better. But it's a long shot."

Redknapp, who has taken Spurs from bottom of the Premier League to Champions League qualification in 18 months, has confirmed that reports that he has received a bonus are wide of the mark. He said: "I never got one single penny bonus. I didn't ask for a penny and will not receive one penny."

"Where the story came from that I got £2million is a disgrace. I didn't ask for any and don't want any. It's absolute nonsense. I've got a contract. My job is to finish as high as I can and that's what I did."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=783135&sec=transfers&cc=4716

另外,亦否認外界推測佢帶隊取得歐聯資格後獲得2M bonus
離線extra
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 1  發表于: 2010-05-08
有錢的話梗係唔買佢地啦...
離線Ajax
發帖
好友元