發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2010-06-10
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09062010/58/league-dickov-named-oldham-boss.html

League One - Dickov named Oldham boss
PA Sport - Wed, 09 Jun 10:51:00 2010

Paul Dickov has been unveiled as the new manager of League One outfit Oldham on a 12-month contract. and will also register as a player for next season.

The former Manchester City striker, 37, has never previously managed but is thought to have beaten off competition from more experienced candidates to land the post.

Dickov impressed the Latics' board with his impressive array of contacts in the game as he looks to improve on this season's dismal showing.

Oldham finished just two points above the relegation zone and Dickov will be forced to work with a shoestring budget as he attempts to reverse the fortunes of a club who have been on the slide for the last 15 years.

He told a press conference: "It's a tough challenge but that's what I want.

"I found out during my playing career that whenever challenges have been put in front of me, that's when I've tended to do well.

"I'm just delighted that the board decided to go with me.

"I know it's going to be hard but I feel as if I've got a lot to offer. Management has interested me since my early twenties and I've played under a lot of very good managers. Playing football was the best job in the world and this is the second best."

PA Sport