離線ahvensofa

發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2011-01-16
Arsene Wenger on Andrey Arshavin’s future and Thomas Vermaelen’s surgery
Written by Renzo on January 16, 2011 – 4:45

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger rubbished transfer rumours saying midfielder Andrey Arshavin will leave the Club during the January transfer window.

Speaking on Friday, the Frenchman explained Arsenal reached no offer for the 29-year old as he explained that the player and his family are happy in London. On the recent disappointing performances by the Russian, Wenger believes he is suffering from fatigue after playing a lot of games for the Gunners and also for the Russian National team.

The midfielder came on as a late substitute in yesterday’s easy win against West Ham United with the Arsenal boss believing he will bounce back from a bad patch and will be back as strong as ever.

Wenger also gave an update on the fitness level of centre back Thomas Vermaelen saying how it is not yet known whether the Belgian will have to undergo surgery with the Frenchman admitting he will be out for more weeks.

On his players, Wenger said:

We have had no contact [for Arshavin]. As far as I know, I believe he and his wife are happy in London but what is very important as well is that I am very happy with him.

As soon as a player doesn’t play fantastically well, he is criticised. We all know that. I personally believe he is a great player – he is going through a period where it is more difficult at the moment. But he works very hard in training – his attitude is fantastic and I am desperate to keep him.

He has played almost every single game since the start of the season – he has played for his national team as well and he is physically a bit less fresh. But he will come back stronger than ever because he works very hard in training.

We don’t know [if Vermaelen will undergo surgery], we don’t think so. But he is still a while away yet.

http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/01/16/arsene-wenger-on-andrey-arshavins-future-and-thomas-vermaelens-surgery/?

Vermaelen 復出再推遲
arshavin 唔走住
離線呀威
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 1  發表于: 2011-01-16
rubbished
離線炸炸帝
發帖
好友元