上一主題 下一主題
離線炸炸帝

發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2011-03-09
Pep: Barca B team full of Wilsheres

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola has suggested that Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere would only get into the Spanish club's reserve side, ahead of their Champions League clash on Tuesday.

Guardiola admits he has been impressed by the teenage England international, who was outstanding in Arsenal's victory in the first leg, but believes the Catalan giants have many similar young players currently learning their trade in the second team.

"Wilshere is a top player. He has been a big surprise. I did not know him at the beginning of the season," Guardiola said. "He is an excellent player, not just Arsenal, but also for the national team. We have many players like him in our second team. It is very good news for football to have players like him."

The tactician rejects suggestions the Gunners are too mentally fragile to be successful, however. While Guardiola has enjoyed a deluge of trophies since being appointed Barcelona coach in 2008, Arsenal have been trophyless since 2005 and were recently defeated in the final of the Carling Cup by Birmingham to once again bring their mentality under scrutiny.

Wenger's side remain competitive on three fronts though - including the Champions League, where they approach the last-16, second-leg tie protecting a 2-1 lead - and Guardiola believes the London side could be on the brink of sustained success.

"I keep hearing about the fragility in the minds of the Arsenal players, but I do not agree," Guardiola said. "They are competing with Manchester United for the Premier League, reached the final of the Carling Cup and a few seasons ago were in the final of the Champions League.

"Arsenal are always in the top, when you compete every season at the top, it is because they are quality. Sometimes they sell players, but Arsenal always keep the same level. Many teams arrive at the top for one year, but then are finished. Arsenal are there every season.

"For many years they have kept up there, and that is the real merit. Yes, they lack something, but they are a young team. When they win the first time, they will change the mentality, they will realise they are good."

Barca will be without both first-choice defenders Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique for the game at Camp Nou so midfielder Sergio Busquets will partner left-back Eric Abidal in the heart of defence.

Busquets has occupied the role on previous occasions and has no problem doing so again. The Spain international has also warned Arsenal they will not have it easy when a partisan Camp Nou crowd, in excess of 98,000, gets behind the home side.

"Wherever I play, I feel comfortable with all of my team-mates," Busquets said. "I am always prepared, and last week I played in defence against Valencia.

"This will be different from the first leg - we will have the crowd support here from the first minute. We must not be nervous, because the game is 90 minutes and even 1-0 would be good for us.

"It would be great to have a result like last year, but we will have to earn it if we want to be in the quarter-finals."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/891041/pep-guardiola:-wilshere-would-only-make-barca-reserves?cc=4716
[ 本文被Gabriel在09-03-2011 01:07重新編輯 ]
離線炸炸帝
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看該作者 1  發表于: 2011-03-09
標題被河蟹了
發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值