上一主題 下一主題
離線丹尼屎

發帖
好友元
閱讀權限
貢獻值
只看樓主 倒序閱讀 使用道具 樓主   發表于: 2015-01-07
Luis Enrique slams reports of bust-up with Lionel Messi

Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has described reports of a bust-up with Lionel Messi as "inaccurate and ill-intentioned" and said he has the backing of all the players in his squad.

“I talk to the president [a lot] but I have had no ultimatum. It would be the first time for me but, no, I have not had one, I’m sorry,” he said at a press conference.

Talk has been rife of disagreements and heated exchanges between Messi and Enrqiue while rumours of a move to Chelsea have grown, with Catalan radio saying the London club has contacted the players' father and agent Jorge. RAC1 radio claimed Premier League leaders Chelsea would be prepared to pay Messi's £250 million buy-out clause.

"I have the same relationship with all the players since the start of the season. Obviously we know each other better now but there is no change in the relationship," Enrique said at the news conference ahead of Thursday's Copa del Rey last 16 clash with Elche.

"I feel I have the support of the club and the players. I have no doubt about that. I continue my work with the same professionalism as before and I am not here to deny stories.

"I am not going to comment about all the different media reports about what has supposed to have taken place. There are so many varied reports which are inaccurate and ill intentioned," added the coach.

He did, however, hint at the possible cause of the rift between coach and star player as he wrapped up the news conference:

"There are some rules that everyone must comply with: that is one of my principles," came the cryptic comment, though no further explanation was forthcoming.

Messi and Luis Enrique were reported to have had heated arguments in training last Friday and again after Sunday's defeat at Real Sociedad, where Messi was unhappy about being left out of the starting lineup.

Luis Enrique felt the player was not ready to start, having only returned to training on Friday following his Christmas break.

On Monday, Messi then failed to attend a training session open to the public and a hospital visit to see sick children due to illness.

The fact that on the same day he started following Chelsea on Instagram was interpreted as another indication of his state of mind.

"Messi is the best player in the world. I have said it so many times that there is no point repeating it," Luis Enrique had said.

"I do not talk about what happens in the dressing room or the training ground; what happens there, stays there. My job is to manage the team. I do not confirm or deny.” Enrique was also asked if he believed Messi wants to stay with Barca.

"I’m not the right person to answer that," came the response.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2011-2012/luis-enrique-slams-reports-of-bust-up-with-lionel-messi_sto4537650/story.shtml